Rats on Coffee

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

It's hotter than Hades here. Has been for the past couple of days. I started to feel sick at work (unaironditioned woodshop) so came home early. The entire metal shop left yesterday at 11 am and is doing the same today. No sense working when you're lightheaded and lopping off a finger.
I just strung up a big dropcloth across the doorway at the top of the stairs so that I can run the ac in the bedroom and cool down the whole upstairs. Then I'm going to drag the zoo up here to stay cool. I've been afraid to leave the ratties up here in the ac while I'm at work because of paranoia that the ac will bust and the rats will die of heat exhaustion. Better uncomfortable and alive than cool for a bit and then...well...
Off to soak my head in cold water now. Girls have their cubes, dogs are languishing...