Rats on Coffee

Monday, May 22, 2006

My excitement about the upholstery job is waning. Did I spell that correctly? You see, the foreman told me to call the owner today. Which I did. But the receptionist blocked my call, saying, "He just got into town this morning and he's got piles of resumes to go through, so try back in a few days."
How disappointing. If the guy was out of town he was probably counting on his foreman to weed through some applicants, so to not have my call put through when I was told specifically who to call and when is...a bummer.

In Elvis news - of which there is always plenty - Steve and I are going to board him while we go away for a long weekend with a couple of friends. We rented a house on a lake and can't trust the bugger not to wee all over the place. We also can't leave him in a crate every moment that we're not there, as he sleeps in a crate and added together he'd be in the crate waaaay too long. Steve and I had a real tough time with this decision, which I guess is proof that we're getting to love the guy. We hate that he'll think he's been abandoned again and scared. Oh, man, I'm probably typing myself right out of this. But I know that our friends want to go certain places and see certain things and if we brought him, we'd really be tied to the rental house.

So, yes, we're putting our own selfish needs in front of the dog's and he'll have to deal with it. Otherwise, quite frankly, it won't be much of a vacation.

And, oh, yes! He looks back at us now to see which way we're turning on our walks. This is a HUGE deal. HE ACKNOWLEDGES THAT WE EXIST! WOOHOO! He respects us as leaders of the walk.

I love his ears. He is a cute, cute boy.

The rats will stay here and look after the house.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

elvis boarding may be stressfull, but being in strange house in crate would be too. no perfect fix. but i guess that means we get to see molly? i heard she has a power ranger bike for her cousin!
auntie k

4:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oops! i sent that too soon, sorry to hear job not as hopeful, but around here noone knows what the other is doing so maybe it is a case of that or he said "Hold all my calls." receptionist may not know someone already decided you need to be strongly considered. call wednesday definitely.
k

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Receptionists have a tendancy to be evil ~ I wouldn't read too much into it. Fingers crossed =)

1:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Forgot to say ~ Ma is coming over to look after the rats next week for us, she wants me to write a list of things she has to do...I'm on page 12 right now =) There had to be a page on what_to_do_when_noggin_gets_stuck_
under_stuff_ and of course one on what_to_do_when_faith_gets_stuck_ontop_of_stuff - it's hard to know where to start...and where to stop...

1:31 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

Zoe - Don't read too much into it?? Do you know who you're typing to?

Your mother is a brave woman to let them free-range at all. Is she rat-sitting for your Euro-Disney holiday?

5:20 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

lol, Vick. I did tell her that the foreman told me specifically to call the boss, but I will call back again tomorrow, after the requisite couple of days. Position's probably already been filled. Oh, well. I mowed the lawn today, washed the kitchen and bath and took a 3 hour nap. I could get used to this "unemployed dead-beat wife" thing.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Sham said...

Great news about Elvis mate! He has a good heart I'm sure

8:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home