Rats on Coffee

Friday, April 14, 2006

Here' s a quick run-down before I disappear for the weekend on my homework retreat. Firstly, I promise to self-medicate with chocolate and caffeine, so I shouldn't be too difficult to deal with.

The rats are spending the weekend here, alone. It'll only be for 2 1/2 days so they should be all right. I've bought them a new water bottle to make sure they don't run out, and some lab blocks instead of the fresh food I've been feeding them.

Dogs are getting baths tonight to pretty up for the big trip. Elvis has a lot of meeting and greeting to do - has to be in tip-top form. And hopefully he won't haul off and pee on my parent's living room rug. I'm especially looking forward to letting him run in my brother's fenced in yard. We really ought to fence at least part of our yard for the poor guy. But, in the meantime, there's walks on the canal path and wooded parks...dog parks are still iffy with me.

So....all my in-laws sent us easter cards and we sent out not-a-one. *oops* Note to self: send cards to in-laws - ON EVERY OCCASION! Oh, well....we bough easter cards and will cross out "have" a happy easter and replace with "hope you had" a happy easter. That's just as good, right? Better late than never?? Right??

Looking forward very much to seeing my nephew. He's lost a tooth since I've seen him last. And I can't wait to see him get excited about the easter bunny.

Must go pack now, and vacuum the rat room. Cleaned the cage last night and, well, rat "raisins" scattered all over the floor. How does that happen?

Oh, yes, a wasp was creeping along the side of the rat cage. I swatted it with a notebook, it fell to the floor and I smashed it. So now, I'm paranoid that a wasp will sting one of my girlies and who knows what a sting will do to a little ratty body. And now the girls are still terrified when something touches their cage. The whole incident really rattled them. But I couldn't do nothing. If it had gotten in, those bozos would have tried to chase it to eat it and gotten a nasty surprise.
Happy weekend, ya'll

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you have a nice time :)

4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy :)

5:32 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Have a fab Easter weekend and enjoy your trip!

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home