Rats on Coffee

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Homeward Bound

I'm feeling really stressed out. There is some huge-ass design competition thing that all people in 3D have to participate in. Some damn event, food, drinks - but no alcohol- and money prize to the winner...some awards... I don't know. Anyhow, the assignment was to come up with a piece that addressed a fear and that was portable or worn on the body. It's taken me a while to come up with a design. You see, I came up with about 14 but after a little research I found that these damn things already exist and are being sold or are patented. So i keep plugging along, trying to be creative, and FINALLY I hit upon an idea and I have 6 days to make it and do a design brief. I don't even have a model of it yet, so minor details are still up in the air. Oh, who am I kidding. Some not so minor details are still up in the air. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't planned on taking a trip to see the fam this weekend. Apparently I am the only jackass who doesn't have a long weekend. Driving there just sucks up so much time. two days of driving, one of visiting, THREE LOST WORK DAYS! I'm going crazy just thinking about it. I am going to have to enlist my family to help me.
Katherine, you will help me to sew. These are orders.
All others (including M) MUST pose in my design brief pictures.
There. You wanna see me? You pay. With hard labor. You think we're going to have fun, socialize? NO! This is WORK WORK WORK.
You think sweatshops are bad? Think again. After a weekend with me you'll be begging for a job in a shirt-button factory with no windows and a broken ventilation system.
I have the concept people, now I need the MATERIALS! I need good ideas, people. THINK!
I need to see CRAFTSMANSHIP, folks! Perfection!
CHOP! CHOP!
bluuuurrrrrgh! Aaaaack! ccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk! MMmmmmrrrpphhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
And all that jazz.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*munches on some choc and gets ready to go back to bed with a book*


wish i could help....


;o)

Good luck!

3:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your scary!

You'd make me cry!

3:59 AM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

Dys rat - *shakes head with disbelief with small smile*
Oh, thank you so much. You're so sincere.

Clare - You gonna cry? I'll give you something to cry about!
:)Just kidding. Small children and animals will be present, so I'll try to keep the bitchin and moanin to a minimum.

4:57 AM  
Blogger vicki said...

Good Luck!
( I wanted to be smart A, but I don't want to get yelled at )

:) :) :)

6:16 AM  
Blogger Sham said...

I'm frightened...

5:32 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

hehe
Was i that bad?

6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home