Rats on Coffee

Friday, April 28, 2006

It was unexpected. It happened suddenly. I was talking to the dogs and out of nowhere I looked at Elvis, and said, "I love you Elvi-boy." I was so surprised by my own words that I looked at Steve and said, "I guess I like this guy." Steve's response was "Me, too."
Yesterday was day 2 of NO ACCIDENTS IN THE HOUSE! WOOHOO! He actually peed outside in the yard as soon as he went outside with Steve night before last and then with me yesterday afternoon. Of course, he refused to go last night before bed, so I was afraid he'd pee in his crate, but he didn't. We throw him a party every time he pees outside now. The sky rains chicken when he pees and poos. And he's getting a little more interested in eating it.
Elvis has also learned that when he walks nicely beside us on a loose leash, chicken rains from the sky. Of course, this means that every time he wants chicken he slows up, walks beside us and looks up like, "Hey lady, where's my chicken?" And then as soon as we give it to him he speeds off ahead again. Friggin' monster.
I have also spent 3 hours each day for the past couple of days walking that beast. I've driven him to the canal path for a good trot. Sooo....no time to clean the house or do homework. I sometimes get pissed that he takes up so much time and then sometimes I realize maybe he's teaching me something. Maybe he's teaching me that playing outside and bonding with the pack are more important than a house that smells like cleanser. And you know what? I still have good grades, so all this refusing to let myself relax thing was never really necessary. There's time for work and play.
I've also mostly given up the idea that Elvis is going to eat Molly. He does definitely push her around a bit, and that pisses me off, but it's the dog heirarchy thing, I guess, and she is old and weak, but I don't think he'd eat her. She waltzed into his crate and stole food from his bowl and he just stood and looked at her. She's always trying to steal his food. I'll ask the trainer this weekend. Maybe he's just waiting for the right moment to attack. I don't know. But so far no reason to think badly of him. Every dog's different and it was just one article out of many.
Trying to talk Steve into buying fence material and installing it ourselves. It would mean that we can't buy a new lawn mower. We have mucho grass and tiny push mower that is unreliable. Apparently it doesn't start right away - you have to fiddle and fiddle with it. I told Steve that I would take over mowing if it means fence - hell, what's 3 hrs of walking and two of mowing grass? Who needs to do anything else besides tend to the dog's needs?
And oh, yeah. I still have 4 rats and boy, are they pissed that their blog has been hijacked by the Plott.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's the ears, right? you can't help but love those ears....

6:42 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

Yes, it's the ears. They set sail in the wind. It's irresistable.

8:11 PM  
Blogger Sham said...

He's very naughty...I'd keep an eye on who he hangs out with...

4:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

aunti, my mum is nut tew bryte. i wantz to be a minyun an she caint even fine da email a dres on da web sight. an she doan eben hav a proper digitail camra tew tak my piture. whot can i dew? she aint got wats it takes to mak me a minyin. i must poops on her da nex time she taks me out of da cage.
yur favrite nephew, (cuz i is bettr-n-the hewmun one) carrot

12:15 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

I will help you, little Carrot. And I bet that Riff won't mind that you can't send a picture-yet. I'm pretty sure that as long as you poo on your mum, you're in!

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sounds like you and Elvis are learning good lessons
x

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home