Rats on Coffee

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yesterday I made a big mistake...a BIG mistake. I washed the ratty linens (you know, the old towels, fleecey sleeping bags, fuzzy hammocks, the little scraps of felt they use to build their nests with...) with a few of my shirts and jeans. PEEEEUUUUUUUU. My clothes came out of the dryer with a less than clothesline fresh scent. I asked my husband to smell my shirt - for confirmation, you know. He innocently sniffed my shoulder and said, "It smells like dryer sheets and....rat bedding." Ugh!
Then, of course, I made ANOTHER mistake and wore the rat poo shirt hiking. I thought that with time the fresh air would take away the smell, but nope. No such luck. I smelled rat poo for miles.

Also, Vivi, Acorn and Mary would like me to officially thank Rats and Cats for introducing me to the idea of feeding the ratties corn on the cob. They loved it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ewwwww
just eww!
:)

3:38 AM  
Blogger The Fluffy Tribe said...

My rats will clean a corn cob in no time flat. That is a hilarious story about the shirt. That's mainly why I end up running the rat fluff stuff through two cycles with a dab of bleach when the washer tub gets full of water. :) ~Poi Mom Jane

6:31 AM  
Blogger Rattie said...

LOL!! I use "Nok Out" which is awesome at removing smells, including rat poo smells.

9:57 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

I'm glad everyone found my discomfort so amusing!
I will have to try the bleach bit and look for some "nok out."
Thanks, ladies!

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah....our rats lovelovelove! corn on the cob!

8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Dear God this made me laugh but also freak out because I wash everything together. I fear I've lost my sense of smell, so now I realize I probably reek to the rest of the non-multipet owning world. Eek! I've got rat pee in my hair!

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home