Rats on Coffee

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Long day today. Prof was out of it today, distracted. Then he finally admitted that his dog was hit by a car yesterday and it was all he could think about. The dog will be fine - has compressed lungs and has to be watched closely. But I guess he and his wife spent all yesterday at vet's, all last night monitoring dog...He said he found her in a field, blood gushing out of her mouth, standing stock still. Wouldn't move. He got choked up when he talked about her and referred to her not as his dog, but as his best friend. I like that man.

Babies are out and about again. They are still so tentative and nervous. While they are fine with me poking my hands about in the cage and scooping them up and patting them, they scatter and scurry back into the cage if I make the slightest movement while they are outside of the cage - hence the blogging while they're out. They're not comfortable enough to play out here yet.

I love how they're little feet sound on the hardwood floor. CUTE!

Going to try to talk Steve into going to the local pub (not even a mile away) for dinner. Don't feel like cooking. Made salmon, mashed taters and sweet green peas for dinner last night. How do I top that? Can't, so might as well go out.

Going to extreme materials gallery show this week. Tried to go to a gallery opening last weekend - illustrations of the mundane by various artists - but the gallery mispublicized its opening date and a bunch of us ninnies were left out in the cold, all jazzed up and staring dumbly at a locked gallery door and black windows. This new show should be great, though, and I'm not trying to make the opening, so....Anyway, I hear artists have used hair, blood, duck sauce (!?) in their pieces so...should have a full report soon. Either going Thurs or Sat.

And...I hear odd noises, things falling, so...must pay attention to the kids! They've no doubt chewed something precious by now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home