Rats on Coffee

Monday, February 13, 2006

This weekend was just about the best I've had since school began. (Try not to feel too sad for me once you read how uneventful it was) Steve cleaned the bathroom and vacuumed upstairs without my asking! Then we went grocery shopping together, instead of me alone. Steve tried to convince me to buy the yogurt on sale, but I insisted that we buy only organic. Then I left him to pick out only the most wholesome of the organic flavors while I stocked up on oreos and doritos.
On Sunday we made omelettes and bagels and potatos...yum! and read the paper for a good long time while the sun streamed in through the dining room window.
And today it's snowing like mad and I'm back to homework.
The end of the quarter is fast approaching and I've decided that along with organizing the pantry and the linen closets during my break, I am going to turn my office, i.e., rat room, into a full-fledged rat playground. Jungle gyms all around, cardboard castles, little bits of this and that for them to discover and stash...I can't wait. This, of course, means that all of my "important papers" will have to be stashed into the closet, out of harm's way. Which means that I will have to clean the closet...
I have also been lurking about on the pets-for-adoption sites. It's an illness. I can't stop. When we adopted Molly, Steve and I told each other that we would eventually have two dogs, but it turns out that his "eventually" and my "eventually" don't mean the same thing.
I PROMISE I'LL STOP LOOKING FOR PETS IF I CAN GET JUST ONE MORE!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lackadaisical said...

Trying to sneak another rat or two into our equasion...think Si might leave me if I do...

4:03 AM  
Blogger Lynn said...

haha! Pets are an addiction aren't they? :)

2:50 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

Vick - I check every day. Steve's about ready to lock the site from me.

But, ladies, Steve did say that we can start looking for dogs when the weather's nicer. Yippee! Hurry up, Spring!

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home