Rats on Coffee

Sunday, November 26, 2006

S and I went to the windy city for Thanksgiving. We left our tiniest children in the capable hands of our neighbor, George, who fed them lots of good fruity treats, kept their water cool and fresh, and patted their little rodent heads each day. No free range, time, however, because I wanted to come home to as many little critters as I'd left behind.
The dogs I left with Elvis' trainer. "Good," I thought, "She will keep them in line. She'll make Elvis continue with his drills, make him sit before meals, not let him up on the furniture." Oh, how wrong I was. When I went to pick up the kids this morning, the trainer showed me pictures that she'd taken of the beasts - Molly on the couch, Elvis on the couch WITH HIS FOOD BOWL IN FRONT OF HIM....the list of naughty behaviors that those bad trainers encouraged goes on...They let the dogs sit on their laps...When I asked the trainer about it, she said, "You signed up for boarding, not board and train." and "You were on vacation, so they got to go on vacation."
I'm quite happy that the doggies were so well cared for - they hardly knew that they were being "boarded" and in fact were never put in a crate at all - she gave them free roam of her house. But now they are home, with rules and limits, they are feeling quite abused. In fact, Molly keeps asking to go home to her "new Mommy."
Ungrateful!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sham said...

Spank em!!!

10:08 AM  
Blogger Rattie said...

Heh heh heh, it's like grandchildren spending the weekend with the grandparents!

10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home