Rats on Coffee

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Confessions...

Hi. My name is Amanda. I am 27 years old. And for the last two weeks I have been a real bitch.
I cannot count the times I have snapped at poor old Steve, nagged him, made faces and blamed him for...oh, anything.
Is it the dark, bleak weather? Is it my old complaint of too much to do, too little time? My vote today is that I'm a little whiney and feel entitled to generous amounts of down-time and relaxation, which I just can't have.
And here is where the resentment begins....Steve gets down time. Relaxation. Whole evenings and weekends worth. He'll sit and read the paper while I'm cleaning...or doing homework... Hey! This misery wants company. Get off yer bum and do some cleaning, Mr!

I did see a movie last night. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. It was at the $1.00 theater, but the tickets actually cost $1.75. It was the first Harry Potter movie I've seen and now suddenly I'm all impatient to read all of the books and watch the first 3 movies. I'm slow, I know. These books have been around forever. They've been here for me, but I haven't been ready to receive them until now;)

Going to make my amazing nephew (who had a bout of projectile sickness just this a.m.) a ratty bank - just a huge ol' ceramic rat with a slit at the top and a whole at the bottom for collecting coins and bits of paper money. I'm going to try to get permission to use the ceramics room over break. I do plan on taking ceramics again next quarter, but more seriously this time. I hadn't anticipated enjoying it so much. And now that I've seen a couple pieces glazed and done, I wish I had put forth the little extra effort.

Rats are napping soundly, dog just finished chewing a ham bone and is bathing in a sunbeam downstairs with Dad. And I am off to study high renaissance art.

5 Comments:

Blogger Lackadaisical said...

Are you planing on setting up a business doing...er...pot? What an amazing skill to have, I love pottery people!

An remember, you're entitled to be a bitch if you want. Sometimes it's the only way. I'm sure your fella understands that the resentment isn't realy about him, but rather your need to be able to unwind. And we all need that. Just remember that this moment will be transitory and a time will come when you reap these rewards you so greatly deserve.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

M'Rat - Yep, found book #1 stashed away in a bookcase. My sister gave it to me years ago. Time to read it!


Sham - I'm entitled to be a bitch if I want? Amen to that, sister.
No, not planning on setting up a business doing pot. Plan on setting up a business...er...stroking wood. Going to school for woodworking and furniture design. Taking ceramics as an elective. There's glassblowing and metalworking here, too. Ceramics is the least dangerous, though! Already risking losing limbs with woodworking tools, why risk being burned, too?;)

7:31 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

Yeah - haven't learned the whole pace myself thing. As for priorities? What if they're all pretty important, like homework, housework, taking care of the dog? Blogging is the only non-essential. I've already given up personal fitness totally. If I took time to exercise again (used to be a gym bunny) I'd live in swill. I'm sure of it. I'll figure it out, Vick, I just wish I had a little help, that's all. Thanks. Hey, as my elder, don't you have the actual formula for pacing one's self that you can share?;)

6:25 AM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

You're so funny, Vick. I thought I was asking a rhetorical question. Gonna go check out the formula.

8:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi collectors.
I'm still looking for a 1 oz Gold President Mandela - A Better Life for All 1994 - 1999 gold coin.
I see one was advertised on auction at bidorbuy.co.za in Feb this year. (Posted on the blog at Mandela Gold Coin .
They were expecting $2700 for it - a little rich for me.
If you have a decent source of coins or info on stuff like coin collecting dealers.info guide rare site top ,
please stick up the links here.
Thanks

3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home