Rats on Coffee

Thursday, February 16, 2006

I just saw Ratty's blog all done up in stripes with tunes and a webcam and everything. I'm jealous!
School is beating me up. Finals week is week after next, which means everything is due next week, which means this week sucks! Went to school in the wee hours of the morning this morning to use the ceramics room. I was a tad afraid of being the only sane (ok, that's questionable) person there. After all, it's only the crazies that lurk around when it's still dark out, right? But, I worried for naught! Turns out I was not the only student to wait 'til the last minute to whip out a clay masterpiece.
By the way, Ratty, I've glazed my big ceramic rat and he's marvelously goofy. Did a rat vase, too, that's been a favorite with a few classmates and the instructor.
My brilliant 4 yr old nephew was watching his own pet ratty, Carrot, eat a piece of broccolli the other night. He laughed and pointed and then, when Carrot chewed open-mouthed (never seen that one before, has anyone else?) on a mouthful of yogies, he squealed, "That's so cute! I wish I were a ratty! I wish I were Carrot's brother!" That kid. I love him. I only want a human child of my own if he'll turn out just like the nephew.
Molly is sitting expectantly beside me...oops, no, she just threw herself to the floor with an enormous, pitiful sigh. She's desirous of attention, that one, even though I just gave her a 30 minute cuddle.
Well, off to think about cooking dinner and homework and then to bed early, for early must I rise and...play with clay again.

1 Comments:

Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

A retroactive good luck to you! Going to try to bring home glazed rat goodies (that sounds suspect) tonight. Possibly will post pre-fired, pre-glazed ratty bowl as preview.

7:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home