Rats on Coffee

Monday, February 20, 2006

Day 1 on Vick's "formula:" House is dusty, but Manda got in a good 2 hrs of pilates. Legs wobbley...bum sore...abs ache. May die before the night is up, but if I do I will die happy.
Almost popped a vein this morning when I went to put in my pilates dvd. Could not get friggin thing to work. Pushed all sorts of buttons, said swears, you know, the usual. Nada. Zip. Had to ask Steve for help and he lovingly obliged. Well, he probably responded more out of fear than love. I probably said words that he thought I'd never heard of. I tried to go for a run, but brrrrr! Too wimpy. It's windy out there! I thought about joining a gym again, but we are trying to be frugal. We hate frugal. Steve has never known frugal before. Frugal is such an ugly word! I could use the gym at school but the thought of working out with a bunch of 18 year old meatheads really puts me off. We had some of those at the gym I belonged to before, but they were a small group and the rest of us there were young professionals going in after work. (Young professionals translates into "guys that make comments about women behind their backs so that they cannot hear, as opposed to the 18 yr olds who are proud to be loudly obnoxious). That and I am sick to death of seeing 18 year old girls bum cracks. Ladies, please, wear some jeans that fit. This look is never attractive. Never. So I'm left to my pilates dvd's and the 20 yr old gold exercise bike. And oh, yes, a dusty old weight bench that's been mended a few too many times with duct tape.
Glazed 2-rat bowl today. Made one a tan rat, one a tan hoodie, like my Roxy and Gloria. Think the glaze on the inside is too thick. May crack. I stink at glazing because I do not take my time. Always in a rush to be somewhere other than where I am.
so...eeek, gotta go!

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

So, how're you feeling this am? :)

11:57 AM  
Blogger Lackadaisical said...

I hurt just thinking about it (eats another yoghurt) - I'll get fat for you.

4:50 PM  
Blogger Molly and Elvis said...

The only part of me that didn't hurt this morning was abs, so I did a 20 min ab workout before class. Walk this evening. Less bitchy? Better ask Steve.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home